Baked Chicken 🐔 Empanadas. These baked chicken and cheese empanadas are a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. Fold half of the circle over to form a half-moon; press the edges together firmly. Baked Chicken Empanadas - a homemade baked version of a popular street food that doesn't need frying for full flavour.
Chicken empanadas are heavenly mini chicken pies. Remove the empanadas from the baking sheet and place it in a Ziplock bag. Freeze for up to three months. You can have Baked Chicken 🐔 Empanadas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken 🐔 Empanadas
- It's 1 pack of Goya discos (I used the annatto ones, partially thawed).
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 half of red onion, chopped.
- It's 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It's 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- It's 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Olive oil cooking spray.
- It's of Ranch dressing.
Keep in mind that the chicken empanadas will need a few more minutes to bake. Ingredients:. shredded chicken . shredded carrots, leeks, and mushrooms . garlic . salt and pepper . Caldo rico (de sabor a pollo ). one egg . puff pastry. Recipe Credit: Jen Bucko and Lara Hamilton.
Baked Chicken 🐔 Empanadas step by step
- In a bowl combine shredded chicken, red onion, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, mayonnaise and shredded cheddar cheese, set bowl to the side.........
- Place 1 Goya discos on a plate......
- Use a rolling pin to spread out dough into a larger circle ⭕️.......
- Place about 1 large tablespoon of chicken mixture into center of discos..........
- Seal edges of discos with a fork......Continue until all discos and chicken mixture is gone......
- Place each finished empanada on a large baking sheet that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray...........
- Bake empanadas in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes......
- Let cool for several minutes, serve with ranch dressing and enjoy 😉!!.
Chicken empanadas are fun to make and a great no-fork-needed appetizer. Baking these tasty treats gives a crispy crust with less fat and the Manzanilla olives add a delicious nutty flavor. These baked chicken empanada are made of tasty chicken filling with mildly sweet vegetables and enclosed in a buttery and flaky pie crust. I posted this chicken empanada recipe for the first time two years ago, and now I am posting it again with an even better recipe that I really fell in love with. This chicken empanada recipe, known as empanadas de pollo in Spanish, starts with a delicious dough stuffed with a traditional chicken filling, caramelized onions, olives, and pieces of hard-cooked egg.