American Chop Suey with White Rice #america. Chop suey (/ˈtʃɒpˈsuːi/) is a dish in American Chinese cuisine and other forms of overseas Chinese cuisine, consisting of meat (often chicken, fish, beef, shrimp, or pork) and eggs. By the time you cook the rice the chop suey is done on low heat. Been eating this since I was a young child.
You can also add lemon juice in place of vinegar. American chop suey, also known as goulash in many regions, is far from its Asian namesake. It's a mixture of ground beef, macaroni, and tomatoes, and it is one of America's favorite comfort foods. You can have American Chop Suey with White Rice #america using 19 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of American Chop Suey with White Rice #america
- Prepare of chop seuy.
- Prepare 2 of lbs. Stir Fry Beef, (cut into bite size pieces; then browned).
- You need 1 pkg. of Celery, (chopped and sauteed).
- You need 2 of LG. Onions, (chopped and sauteed).
- It's 2 of Garlic cloves, (minced and sauteed).
- Prepare 5 cups of Fresh bean Sprouts.
- It's 16 oz. of Swanson's Chicken Broth 33% Less Sodium.
- It's 2 cups of cold water.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce; (I use lite).
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- It's 1 Tsp. of Turmeric.
- It's 1 of Tsp.garlic powder.
- You need 1 Tsp. of Fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 Tsp. of Onion powder.
- It's 1/4 Tsp. of Asian sweet ginger garlic.
- It's Pinch of salt.
- It's of rice.
- Prepare 3 of \4 cup of dry rice, (rinsed and drained.)...I use Jasmine rice.
- You need of Water; (fill according to the instant-pot/rice maker directions).
Extra garlic and tomatoes give this version an abundance of flavor. finally, enjoy american chop suey by placing fried noodles and pouring chop suey sauce. Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay. Chop Suey Recipe - Chicken Chop Suey Via thewolfepit. It is basically Chinese dish that literally means "assorted pieces".
American Chop Suey with White Rice #america instructions
- Prep time: 20 to 25 minutes.
- Chop all vegetables and meat into bite size pieces; then mince your garlic..
- Saute' all vegetables and garlic; then pour into a large pot..
- Over medium heat; Brown the meat; then pour meat and juices into the pot also..
- Add the chicken broth and water to just cover meat and vegetables;.
- Bring to a boil; then reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 1 hour..
- Mix together 1/8 cup cornstarch with 1/4 cup of broth or water; shake well..
- Then add bean sprouts, soy sauce, and cornstarch mixture; stir and cook on simmer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Ready to serve..
- Using an instant rice maker; spray the pot with oil or Pam..
- Add 3/4 cup of rice to a bowl and rinse the rice 4 times or until water is clear..
- Add rice to prepared pot add water; (according to your instant pot directions); then put a clean kitchen towel over it and then your instant pots lid..
- Cook according to your instant pots directions..
- When done, fluff rice with a fork. Ready to serve..
- In a dinner bowl put 1 cup of the chop seuy; then top the chop seuy with 1/2 cup of rice.....garnish if you wish!.....ready to serve enjoy!.
It consists of any meat like chicken, beef, pork or seafood. A type of meat like pork, chicken, beef and even pork liver is added to it. It is often served with white rice. Now that we're all adults at home I add a bit of cayenne and lots of fresh ground black pepper. With a green salad and fruited jello for dessert: a classic diner supper.