Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian). Trader joe's soy chorizo is the vegan and vegetarian version of traditional chorizo, used here in this easy soy chorizo chili recipe. Soy chorizo is a meat substitute made from soy protein or TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein), and additional spices. If you've been following my blog for awhile, you know that I (almost always) focus on whole food ingredients, and avoid processed foods in my recipes.
I never told hubby Tom that it contained soy chorizo or that it had a little chocolate in it. Note: *If you prefer your chili to be less thick, you can add more liquid to water it down. *You can also tweak this recipe to your liking and include more vegetables such as bell peppers, tomatoes, and corn. The Best Vegetarian Chorizo Recipes on Yummly You can have Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian)
- You need 2 (15 oz) of cans of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of small can green chiles.
- It's 1 (15 oz) of can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It's 1 (15 oz) of can sweet corn.
- You need 1 package (8 oz) of Soy Chorizo, removed from the casing.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of chili powder.
- It's 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It's 1 cup of water.
When corn tortillas are used, this recipe is also gluten free. I love to use Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo in this recipe, but other brands of soyrizo will also work just fine. So when I saw Soy Chorizo at my local Trader Joe's I had to try it. The addition of Mexican chorizo makes this classic Texan side work as a main dish, too.
Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian) instructions
- Combine all ingredients in your cooking pot of choice (see below) and stir to mix..
- If you're cooking this in a slow cooker, cook it on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours..
- If you're cooking this on a stovetop, let it simmer for 2 hours (stir it occasionally)..
- If you're prepping this ahead of time, mix it all in a large bowl and then package it in single servings and put it into the freezer; then you can take it out and cook it one serving at a time (which is good for those smaller Instant Pots, haha)..
Remove the skillet from the heat and add the diced poblano chiles, chorizo, hominy, sour cream, cumin, cayenne I don't remember seeing any chili peppers in the chocolate chip cookies. I've found a buenisimo vegetarian chorizo, which is an excellent option when cooking your favorite chorizo recipe. Since nachos are one of my preferred I really enjoy vegetarian food and frequently look to substitute meat ingredients for soy protein. I've found a buenisimo vegetarian chorizo, which. Everyone I love soy chorizo, if I had a tube of soy chorizo in my fridge everyday then I would eat it everyday.