Caramelized Banana Bread. A few smart techniques take banana bread to the next level: Cooking ripe banana slices in butter deepens the sweet banana flavor, while browned butter. Caramelized bananas are the secret to a richer, deeply banana flavor. Caramelized Banana-Banana Bread. by: Carly Westerfield.
Think of this as a breakfast bread version of bananas Foster. Fluffy, tender banana bread topped with piles of caramelized bananas, caramel sauce and hazelnuts. The BEST way to use up those bananas. You can have Caramelized Banana Bread using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramelized Banana Bread
- It's 70 g of flour.
- Prepare 30 g of almond flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 2 tsp of cinnamon (optional).
- Prepare 3 tbs of sugar.
- It's 90 g of butter (brought to room temperature).
- It's 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of banana.
- You need of For the caramelized banana.
- You need 1 of banana.
- It's 4 tbs of sugar.
- It's 2 tbs of butter or coconut oil.
Caramelizing the bananas before baking this banana bread adds a richness that's hard to describe. Spoon half of bread mixture among ramekins. Repeat with remaining bread mixture and bananas. Caramelized bananas are amazing on ice cream, French toast, cheesecakes and more.
Caramelized Banana Bread step by step
- For the caramelized banana, heat the oil and sugar in a small pan until the sugar melts on medium heat..
- Add a banana sliced lengthwise and cook on low heat until both sides have caramelized..
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F. Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl..
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, and gradually add the sugar..
- Add the egg, lightly stir, then add half a caramelized banana and another banana and mix until combined. Fold in the dry ingredients..
- Pour the batter into a pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
If you've never had caramelized bananas, you are in for a treat! Bananas are naturally sweet, but once they. Put your overripe bananas to good use with this Brazilian recipe for a caramelized upside-down cake that will wow guests Overripe bananas? Here's a lil recipe I came up with when I had a few dying bananas and I wanted to do something a bit more fun than a regular ol' banana bread. here's the. Ingredients in Banana Bread French Toast.