Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP. Put the beans and ham hock in the Instant Pot with onion, garlic, chiles, salt, pepper, and water or broth. Twist to lock the lid, and turn the valve to sealing. Unlock lid, and remove ham hocks with tongs.
Place the beans and ham hocks in the crock pot with the bay leaves and crushed red pepper flakes. How Do You Make Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice? You can leave them in a covered bowl. You can have Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP
- Prepare 8 Oz. of dried red beans.
- It's 2 cups of broth.
- You need 6-8 Oz. of Smoked sausage.
- It's 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1-2 stalk of celery.
- You need 1-3 of carrot.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of green pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- It's 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- It's 1 of Tbl. Chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper (to taste).
- It's 1-2 tsp. of Salt (to taste).
- It's 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of thumb size fresh ginger.
Add the beans, chicken broth, ham hock, and seasonings to the pot. Pressure cooker ham hock and beans soup has great flavor from smoky ham hock & tasty Once again, I'm turning to my trusty Instant Pot to make this Instant Pot Ham Hock and Bean Soup. This is actually my fourth pot of red beans and rice in the instant pot. While all were good, it took me awhile to get them exactly where I wanted them If you have a ham store anywhere near you, they sell bones by the pound, or you can sub in some nice meaty pork hocks.
Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP instructions
- These are the types of beans I am using. Half the bag in my case..
- Add dried beans to IP liner, after picking through them for debris..
- Add broth, it needs to cover dried beans by about an inch to an inch and half, adjust as required, the ingredients measurement is a guide line..
- Type of Sausage I am using.
- Ham Hocks I am using (half the package) boneless.
- Slice sausage, add to the liner with ham Hocks.
- Clean and cut veggies, I like a larger cut, add seasoning. Decision point - if you salt before you cook the beans they have a slight firmer texture, if you salt after the beans are cooked they have a softer texture. Add salt for the texture of beans you desire. Here for firmer, later for softer..
- Set IP to pressure cook for 50 minutes, high..
- I allow it to rest for 5 minutes after the cook time, just to make sure it has settled down inside, then quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, remove ham hocks, debone (if needed) and shred, put meat back into pot, stir..
- We were eating this with bread, not rice. We wanted a thinner soup like constancy. It you want red beans & rice, you can either take a stick blender and beat up some of the beans, or use a corn starch slurry to thicken it..
You want some meat to pull off. The Instant Pot quickly turns Camellia Brand Pinto Beans into creamy southern goodness - with no soaking. Simply add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot. Instant pot ham and beans recipe featuring white beans with chunks of smoked ham hock. The pork adds both richness and smokiness to the Ham hocks ain't really all that familiar to a generation of folk and okra is always polarizing.