Plain Millet Porridge *Instant pot Max. When cooking with the Instant Pot Max family, please refer to the MAX tab. The Cooking Time Tables are meant to be used as guidelines. One cup of grain yields approximately.
It's a simple recipe that's a perfect way to make millet porridge without all. Tested Instant Pot Recipes and Pressure Cooker Recipes. Congee, also known as Jook, is a rice porridge that's core to the Chinese culture with thousands of years of history. You can cook Plain Millet Porridge *Instant pot Max using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Plain Millet Porridge *Instant pot Max
- You need 1/4 cup of organic millet.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of water for instant pot max.
- It's 2 cups of water if using regular stove top pressure cooker.
- You need 4 of cups+ water if using a regular pot cooking on the stove.
Often the millet porridge is enjoyed plain, made from just millets and water, to accompany other meat and vegetable dishes. Add more water if you prefer thinner porridge. This Instant Pot Amaranth Porridge is a quick and easy healthy breakfast that is gluten-free and dairy-free. This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission.
Plain Millet Porridge *Instant pot Max step by step
- Rinse millet in the pot 2 times, discard rinsing water..
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water. Set high pressure, 30 min, quick release on Instant pot Max..
- Add 2 cups of water to a regular pressure cooker. Set on high for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 25 minutes..
- If stove top regular pot is used, add at least 4 cups of water and allow the steam to evaporate during simmer. After boiling, simmer on medium and cook at least 30 minutes. Add more hot water if needed..
- Summary: Millet is very tough to cook down, thus pressure cooker is highly recommend. High pressure will make turn millet porridge into a very creamy texture like white rice porridge if you done it right..
This Instant Pot Amaranth Porridge is a quick and easy. INSTANT POT - Porridge the way I like Instant Pot Congee is a warm and comforting rice porridge with endless possibilities for fun toppings. This classic dish is made easy with modern Congee usually needs to simmer for quite some time, so the Instant Pot is a great way to make congee fast, but I've included stove top directions for everyone. Try this Apple Millet & Oat Porridge on a cold winter day.