Cheesy Shepherds Pie. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Chef Laura Vitale makes rib-eye Cobb salad and pasta pie for Father's Day. Cheesy potatoes top a classic shepherd's pie made with ground beef, gravy and mixed veggies.
I was on a mission tonight to make Shepherd's Pie and wanted to create the flavors of a pie I had a few days ago. This will be saved to your scrapbook. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face - especially when you get seconds! You can have Cheesy Shepherds Pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Shepherds Pie
- You need 2 1/2 of to 3 lbs ground beef.
- It's 5 of large potatoes, diced.
- It's 1 cup of diced green peppers.
- It's 1 cup of diced onion.
- It's 1 of bag steam fresh peas & carrots.
- You need 2 of cups diced carrots.
- Prepare 3 of cups shredded cheese (your choice).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1 tbsp of Ranch dressing powder.
- It's 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of sour cream.
A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Mixed vegetables provides a simple addition to this ground beef and potato shepherd's pie - a cheesy dinner.
Cheesy Shepherds Pie instructions
- Cook ground beef with onions, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, basil & garlic powder in a large skillet..
- Boil potatoes until tender..
- Microwave diced carrots until very soft..
- Add bag of steam fresh peas & carrots to beef in skillet. Cook until tender..
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Drain grease from ground beef. Return to skillet and stir in half of shredded cheese. Add to large glass baking dish. Spread evenly..
- Drain potatoes. Add cooked carrots, butter, ranch powder, milk, shredded cheese and sour cream. Blend with a mixer until smooth..
- Add to glass baking dish on top of ground beef. Spread evenly. Sprinkle more shredded cheese on top..
- Bake 30 minutes. Broil for 1 minute until cheese bubbles and top browns a little..
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Easy Rustic Shepherd's Pie with The Cheesiest Mashed Potatoes. This post may contain affiliate links. Would you look at that bubbly brown, cheesy crust!