Quick Shepherd's Pie. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie is great with leftover homemade mashed potatoes, but it's tasty with ready-made mashed potatoes from the grocery store, too Quick Shepherd's Pie Recipe photo by Taste of Home. In this simple shepherd's pie recipe, we call for flavorful lean ground lamb, which isn't always easy to find.
Shepherd's Pie is a traditional Irish dish made with ground lamb cooked with peas and carrots and topped with a mashed potato crust. Easy and tasty, all year round! See a simple shepherd's pie recipe. You can have Quick Shepherd's Pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Shepherd's Pie
- You need 3 of Potatoes (big).
- You need 500 grams of Chicken Breasts.
- You need 100 grams of Peas.
- It's 2 of Tomatoes (medium).
- It's 3 of sliced cheese.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 6 of Garlic Cloves (diced).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 6 of Pepper Cloves (diced).
- You need 50 of Butter.
Enjoy this hearty pie dish that is deceptively simple to make. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie.
Quick Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Boil potatoes (put a pinch of salt in the water while boiling).
- Boil and shred the chicken (add a little salt).
- Boil peas.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Add olive oil to a skillet.
- Add tomatoes, salt (enough to make the tomatoes soft), peas..
- Let the peas cook till medium soft, mash them a little and keep aside..
- Marinate the boiled chicken in red chilli powder, salt, pepper powder, garlic paste. Put it in the fridge for as long as you want (I left it for 4 hours).
- Mash the potatoes with some butter.
- Grease the insides of a microwave safe bowl with butter.
- Place the peas mixture at the bottom, layer it with the chicken marinade, top it off with the mashed potatoes. Then place the cheese slices..
- Place the bowl in the microwave and use the baked potato setting to cook. If you don't have that setting don't worry, just cook it on convection for 5-7 minutes or u til the cheese starts to brown..
Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.