Turkey Shepherd's Pie. Reviews for: Photos of Turkey Shepherd's Pie. And this shepherd's pie is the food equivalent of creams and grays and cable knit blankets - catch my drift? What I love about this Turkey Shepherd's Pie is that it really doesn't require anything more than dumping what you already have into a casserole dish and baking it.
When the weather outside is frightful, nothing satisfies our craving for comfort food quite like a good shepherd's pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one. You can cook Turkey Shepherd's Pie using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey Shepherd's Pie
- You need 1 of no specific quantities. whatever you have left that will fit in your cooking dish.
- You need 1 of Turkey meat both white and dark.
- You need 1 of Peas, carrots and any other leftover vegetables. This one has parsnips and carrots mashed together.
- It's 1 of Stuffing.
- You need 1 of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 1 of Gravy.
So I've become quite skilled at turning leftovers into second-time-around successes like this. Shepherd's pie is a delicious dish that can be made with just about any meat you happen to have available. Use up some of that leftover Thanksgiving turkey with this delicious Shepherd's pie. Turkey Shepherd's Pie with Two-Potato Topping.
Turkey Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Cut up meat into small pieces. I don't shred it but as small as I can..
- Mix into a bowl, or straight into your cooking dish, with your vegetables..
- Hopefully you have some leftover gravy...if not just make more :-). Add some to the meat and vegetable mix...just enough to make it moist..
- If you were doing this all in a separate bowl, now place the meat, vegetables, gravy mixture to your cooking dish and flatten. Place stuffing over the top and flatten. Ladel a little bit of gravy over stuffing again just to moisten..
- Add mashed potatoes to the top and distribute evenly. Much easier to do this if the potatoes are warm. Take a fork and run it flatly over the potatoes so you get small little peaks all over.
- In the oven she goes. 350 - 375 ℉ for about 35 - 40 min. You'll start seeing the peaks get brown. Then broil for 3 min (watch it doesn't burn).
- Let it cool for a few minutes and then serve with gravy to your liking. Every bite is heaven!.
This turkey shepherds pie recipe is such a great way to use up all those yummy Thanksgiving leftovers. Easy to follow step by step photos. Shepherd's pie is often made with lamb or mutton, but it lends itself well to leftover turkey and mashed potatoes from the Thanksgiving table. You could also mix in leftover vegetables from the previous. Shepherd's pie filled with ground turkey sautéed with mixed vegetables, sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs with a savory garlic sweet potato topping.