Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie. Mashed potatoes, which normally adorn Shepherd's Pie, are high in carbs so we replaced the potatoes with cauliflower for a low-carb swap everyone will love. This Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie is very filling, low-carb, gluten-free, paleo-friendly and the most important very DELICIOUS! Give a healthy spin in your traditional shepherd's pie recipe by making it with mashed cauliflower.
However, I used ground beef in this recipe because my family prefers it, and it is easier for me to find. This keto shepherd's pie is made with mashed cauliflower instead of the mashed potatoes. "Cauli mash" is a great low carb alternative to mashed. With the exception of steaming the cauliflower, this Shepherd's Pie is a one pot meal: easy peasy! You can have Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie
- It's 1 lb of grass fed beef.
- Prepare 1 head of cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 cup of carrots chopped.
- It's 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1 cup of mushroom.
- Prepare 3 of celery.
- You need 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
The second course I made at the Salt Lake Home Show on Friday night was my Healthy Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie and this Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie. Home » Recipes » Dinner » Vegan Lentil Shepherd's Pie with Mashed Cauliflower. Hearty and satisfying plant-based comfort food. This vegan lentil shepherd's pie with mashed cauliflower is so deliciously savory and perfect to enjoy on a cold winter's night.
Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie instructions
- Prepare mashed cauliflower.
- Brown meat.
- Sauteed veggies.
- Add meat and veggies together add broth and paste simmer.
- Layer meat mixture in pan and mashed cauliflower on top sprinkle cheese and bake at 350 until bubbling and cheese has a nice crisp to it..
Keto friendly shepherd's pie is one of my favorite casserole recipes -- a meaty casserole topped with a low carb cauliflower mash that tastes like mashed Making Mashed Cauliflower: Place cauliflower florets in a large microwave-safe bowl. Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie- All the traditional flavors of the traditional recipe without the guilt! Savory, spiced meat & veggies topped with creamy. This Healthy Shepherd's Pie calls for olive oil instead of butter, extra-lean ground beef, lots of vegetables, and a cauliflower-potato mash For the mashed potatoes, the recipe swaps in olive oil for butter, which means more heart-healthy fats in every bite. The sum total of these swaps is a lighter.