Shepherds Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. You can have Shepherds Pie using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie
- It's 2 lb of potatoes.
- It's 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- It's 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- It's 1/2 cup of celery.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of peas.
- You need 1 cup of corn.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. This is a dish I grew up on and loved it everytime my mom made it. It's a British classic and all Shepherd's Pie Recipe.
Shepherds Pie instructions
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Peel then cube potatoes. Boil potatoes till soft. Remove potatoes from the water..
- Add 4 tablespoons, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon salt of butter to the potatoes. Mash all the ingredients together..
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan. Chop up a small onion. Saute the onion in the pan for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth to the pan, then 1 cup of celery..
- Chop up 2 medium carrots. Add the carrots to the pan. Cook for 6-7 minutes..
- Add 1 cup frozen peas and 1 cup frozen corn to the pan..
- Mash up a clove of garlic. Add the garlic to the pan.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Put vegetable mix in a baking pan. Put the potatoes over the vegetables..
- Bake for an hour or till fully cooked..
Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Hearty, comfort food at its finest. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. Shepherd's pie is comforting, satisfying and most of all tastes great!