Spicy Carbonara. Find Deals on Spicy Carbonara in Groceries on Amazon. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti according to package directions for al dente pasta. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a low boil, cover, and keep hot on a low burner.
It still has the creaminess of the Parmesan and the saltiness of the bacon, but the miso gives it that umami element and, of course, I had to add some chili garlic sauce to kick up the spice. Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water according to the package directions. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water. You can cook Spicy Carbonara using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Carbonara
- It's 250 grams of spiral pasta.
- You need 200 grams of shredded bacon.
- You need 1 of large garlic clove, crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes (or less).
- Prepare 1 of shallot (green/spring onion), chopped finely.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 2 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- Prepare pinch of salt and pepper.
- It's 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
Set a large pan with straight sides over medium-high heat and add the. With a spicy kick, this carbonara proves you don't even need the classic bacon addition. After more of a traditional recipe? Check out our original Carbonara, it's super easy to make and delicious.
Spicy Carbonara instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large fry pan on a low to medium heat. Add bacon..
- While bacon is cooking, add pasta to a large pot of salted boiling water..
- Once bacon is almost cooked, add garlic, chilli flakes and shallots. Cook until garlic is translucent, not brown or burnt..
- Pasta should be cooked and aldente (not soft and soggy) by this stage. Add the pasta and 1-2 tablespoons of the pasta water to the bacon mixture. Mix well until water has evaporated..
- Remove fry pan from heat and add the eggs immediately. Stir quickly so all the pasta is evenly coated with the egg..
- Mix in the parmesan, salt and pepper. Serve while still hot with crusty garlic bread and salad..
I was so nervous, after hearing commentary about the noodles being overly spicy, and some saying its alot calmer in spice compared to the original (to which I can now agree). And just so you know, YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE ALL OF THE SPICY SAUCE. In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the Parmesan, parsley, chili, and pepper and mix together well. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.