Crock Pot Roast. In a large slow cooker, place roast beef. Surround your roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, and herbs. Tender Pot Roast simmered in a rich gravy full of flavour is a perfect weekday or weekend dinner.
Found this Crock-Pot pot roast recipe on of a website called www.recipegoldmine.com. Place beef roast in crock pot. Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast. You can have Crock Pot Roast using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Roast
- It's of Chuck roast.
- Prepare of potato, sliced in chunks.
- You need of yellow onion, sliced.
- You need of flour, plus some for coating roast.
- You need of table spoon vegtable oil.
- Prepare of carrots, washed and cut into inch thick pieces.
- You need of salt, pepper.
Slow cooker pot roast is made with only five ingredients plus water. It's an easy pot roast recipe with onion soup mix and veggies. Crock Pot Onion Soup Beef Pot Roast. A fool proof recipe for The Best Crock Pot Roast.
Crock Pot Roast instructions
- Wash potato and carrots and place in bottom of crock pot with onions. Season vegtables with salt and pepper..
- In a large Dutch oven or pan, heat vegtable oil on medium high heat..
- Trim off most fat from your roast. Season roast on all sides with salt and pepper. Coat your roast in flour and Brown all sides of the roast in the vegtable oil. Don't skip this step!! Browning it brings out it's full flavor!.
- After you Brown your roast, place roast in crock pot over vegtables. Make a gravy for your roast by putting 1/4 cup flour in the hot oil & stir with a wisk until oil is soaked up, reduce heat to low & pour in a glass of water and stir with wisk until flour and water is blended. Keep adding flour to thicken up the gravy, and water to thin it. Remember to stir!! Add salt and pepper to taste. If you want your gravy to be Brown you should invest in kitchen bouquet. It is a flavorless liquid that turns gravy Brown..
- You want your gravy to be thin, but not soupy. The heat from the crock pot will thicken it up..
- Pour gravy over roast in crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 5-6. Serve over rice..
This Crock Pot Pork Roast is an easy dump and go dinner idea that's perfect for busy weeknights! There is plenty of delicious gravy that pairs perfectly with mashed potatoes! Chuck roast - I like to use a wider shorter roast here, then the bed of vegetables can just lay atop. Olive oil - for searing the roast and sautéing the aromatics. You will love this Crock Pot Roast with Vegetables!