Beef Au Gratin Casserole. With layers upon layers of beefy and cheesy goodness, this baked dish is packed with flavor. Ground Beef & Au Gratin Casserole. This is a very hearty and soul warming casserole.
In large skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain well. Grilled Cheddar Burgers and Veggies Packs. An easy casserole recipe with ground beef, cheese and potatoes like a meaty potatoes au gratin or cheesy scalloped potatoes with hamburger. You can cook Beef Au Gratin Casserole using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Au Gratin Casserole
- It's of Olive Oil Spray.
- It's 1.5 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1.5 lbs of petite red potatoes (sliced thin).
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- It's 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Cheese Sauce.
- It's 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (diced).
- It's 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- It's 1 Tbsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth (divided into 2 cups and 1 cup).
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 lb of block Colby jack cheese (cubed).
Our house used to be the default party house. Husband and I both love to entertain and we have a pretty cool backyard for kids (pool, basketball, trampoline. Spoon corn evenly over meat mixture. Ham and Potatoes au Gratin Casserole.
Beef Au Gratin Casserole step by step
- Spray 13x9 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375°. Thinly sliced potatoes..
- Dice onions..
- Cube cheese block..
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan on medium heat..
- On medium high heat in medium skillet cook ground beef until browned and crumbled. Set aside..
- Add diced onions to melted butter and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes)..
- Add corn starch and dried thyme. Cook an additional 1 minute while stirring well..
- Add 2 cups broth. Stir continuously until thickened. (3-5 minutes).
- Add other cup of broth. Stir well. Reduce temp to medium-low..
- Add sour cream. Stir until smooth and well incorporated..
- Add Colby jack cheese. Stir continuously until melted and incorporated into sauce. Remove from heat..
- Spread half of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Top potatoes with cooked ground beef..
- Layer the rest of the potatoes on top of the ground beef. Salt and pepper..
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes and ground beef layers..
- Wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Set baking dish on a baking pan to collect any spillover. Bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, remove foil. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar..
- Add 1 cup Italian bread crumbs. Return to oven uncovered additional 15 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let rest 15-20 minutes before serving..
If you have leftover ham and vegetables to use, this is a great potato casserole dish to repurpose those into a whole new and delicious meal. Dig into these big, beefy bakes. They're the hearty, comforting weeknight classics the family craves. This Mexican casserole recipe made with layers of tortilla chips, beef, and salsa makes a quick and easy dish that will please the whole family. For family meals or for special occasions, this cheesy, delicious dish is sure to please.