Mixed vegetables Sambhar. Simple South Indian cooking recipe prepared with tur dal, mixed vegetables, tamarind, cooked to Its a typical South Indian thick lentil soup and is a delight to have steaming hot sambhar on a cold winter. Sambar needs no introduction to Indians. A very nutritious dish which has the goodness of toor dal and assorted vegetables.
Sambar Recipe with step by step photos. Sambar is a South Indian lentil and vegetable stew made with lentils, tamarind and a unique spice blend called sambar powder. Sambar or Sambhar - Get this easy recipe to make this tangy and mildly spicy lentil-vegetable stew in a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot. You can cook Mixed vegetables Sambhar using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mixed vegetables Sambhar
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It's 2 of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 30 of beans.
- Prepare 0.5 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tamarind paste.
- It's 4 tsp of shredded coconut.
- It's 0.5 cup of Toor dal.
- It's 0.5 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tsp of jaggery.
- It's 4 of cashews.
- You need of Salt.
- It's 1 tsp of rasam powder.
- It's 3 tsp of Sambhar powder.
- It's leaves of Coriander.
- It's leaves of Curry.
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of urrad dal.
- It's 0.5 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tsp of ghee.
- You need 0.5 tsp of Hing.
Sambhar recipe or Sambar or Kuzhambu is the dish that is common in South India and Sri Lanka. Sambar is reflective of a broad and ancient tradition of dal-based vegetable stews in southern India. A simple Tamil Nadu style mixed vegetable sambar prepared in Instant Pot. Sambar - south Indian lentil stew made with vegetables, lentils and a special blend of spices.
Mixed vegetables Sambhar step by step
- First of all chop all the required vegetables and boil it in instant pot (or pressure cooker for 2 - 3 whistles) for 10-12 minutes..
- Simultaneously keep half cup of tur dal + 1.5 cup of water(tur dal soaked) in instant pot for 10-12 minutes.
- Take a pan and add a tsp of oil + mustard seeds + urrad dal + curry leaves + cumin seeds+ 1 tsp Chanadal + hing and allow it to splutter..
- Now add chopped onions to the same pan and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- In a mixer grind coconut + cashews + turmeric powder + rasam powder + sambhar powder. Grind it smooth and add it to the pan.
- Once the tur dal is cooked allow it cool and grind it in the same mixer and add it to the same pan..
- Add all the boiled vegetables to the same pan and mix well. Now add salt(1 tsp)+1 cup water + jaggery + tamarind paste + coriander leaves+ 1 tsp ghee. Mix well and let it boil in medium blame for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Serve the sambhar hot with rice or roti..
It's best enjoyed with rice, idli or dosa. Don't let the list of ingredients intimidate you, it's actually easy to put. Sambhar. ¼ cup toor or mung dal. ½ cup vegetables - sliced (carrots, potato, cauliflower, drumstick, etc.) Aviyal/Mixed vegetables cooked with spicy coconut paste. Sambhar - Lentil and vegetable soup. Customer Who Bought This Product Also Bought.