NYFRB Shredded Pork, instant pot. This is the best damn Instant Pot pulled pork recipe. So tender, juicy and bursting with flavor. Carefully remove the chunks of pork from the Instant Pot to a large bowl.
Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. When setting reads HOT, add oil. Open lid, remove pork to bowl and shred with two forks. You can have NYFRB Shredded Pork, instant pot using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of NYFRB Shredded Pork, instant pot
- It's 3 lb of Boneless Pork Shoulder.
- It's 2 of Not Your Father's Root Beer, bottles.
- You need 8-10 pieces of thick cut bacon strips.
- Prepare 2 Tbls of EVOO.
- You need 8-10 of Burger buns.
- Prepare of BBQ Sauce.
To serve: Pulled pork can be used on sandwiches, salads. The shredded pork freezes beautifully, too, so don't worry if it seems like too much food. Freeze the leftover shredded pork in small portions to enjoy in Strain the liquids through a mesh strainer. Skim off fat and discard the solids.
NYFRB Shredded Pork, instant pot step by step
- Using the sauté function on the instant pot, place EVOO in pot, then brown the pork shoulder on each side..
- When pork is browned on each side, cancel sauté function. Pour both bottles rootbeer into instant pot with the pork. Drape pork with bacon pieces..
- Close instant pot lid, set top to sealing..
- Press manual, then press adjust to increase to 120 minutes.
- When Instant pot beeps when finished, let pot natural release for 20 min, then carefully quick release pressure. Transfer pork and bacon to a dish. Cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes. Then shred pork and break up bacon pieces..
- Serve on top of buns, and drizzle with your favorite BBQ sauce. Enjoy!.
Return the defatted liquids to the Instant Pot. Epicure is launching in the USA this summer! Follow me to learn how easy it is to get quick, healthy and whole food based meals on the table for your family! I love shredded pork for my Mexican themed recipes, like these Instant Pot Shredded Pork Tostadas. Pressure cooking cubes of pork shoulder turns them into tender, shreddable meat for filling tacos.