Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel. With its sweet buttery flavor, roasted red kuri squash deserves a place at your table this winter. Since the beautiful red skin also happens to be edible, it's perfect for creating a pop of color at your holiday table. Strain the soup through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, tapping the side of the strainer if.
Discard the bay leaf from the soup. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender. Just roast the squash and blend it with ginger, curry, and lemongrass to make creamy vegan comfort food. You can have Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel
- Prepare 4 cups of cubed red kuri squash, peeled.
- It's 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It's 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of marjoram, dry.
- Prepare 1 of medium fennel bulb, cored and sliced.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of evoo.
This creamy curried squash soup comes together in two easy steps: roast & blend! Made with coconut milk and plenty of veggies, it's totally vegan. Earlier today I mentioned my favorite pumpkin: the creamy, chestnut-sweet Red Kuri squash. I think that squash soups are frequently undersalted, and they also need a bit of roasting or something else dark to bring out their.
Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel instructions
- Heat oven to 375..
- Heat IP on saute. Saute diced onion in EVOO until tender.
- Press cancel.
- Add cubed squash, water, bay leaf, marjoram, salt, and pepper..
- Close the lid and vent to seal. Cook high pressure for 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, toss sliced fennel with EVOO and salt & pepper. Place on baking sheet..
- Roast fennel for 20 min, stirring halfway through..
- Once Instant Pot finishes, quick pressure release. Remove the bay leaf..
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup..
- Serve, and garnish with roasted fennel..
Red kuri squash may look like a pumpkin but it's nutty, pronounced flavor makes it perfect for standing on it's own. Like the delicata, you can also eat Swap it out: I know that you might not be able to find the red kuri squash in your area but this recipe works well with acorn squash (another of my favorite. Roasted butternut squash, fresh fennel, onions, and garlic are blended with spices, marmalade, and cream for a deliciously decadent soup that's the perfect starter for your holiday feast! My favorite way to garnish the soup is to whip up additional heavy cream until soft peaks form, then top each bowl with a. Roasted Dairy Free Red Kuri Squash Soup.