Homemade Yogurt (in an Instant Pot).
You can cook Homemade Yogurt (in an Instant Pot) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Yogurt (in an Instant Pot)
- You need 6 cup of Milk (whole, 2%, 1%, skim).
- Prepare 8 oz of Yogurt Starter or Fresh Yogurt.
- You need 1 of Flavored Extract or Vanilla Beans.
Homemade Yogurt (in an Instant Pot) instructions
- Place 6-cups milk (any kind) in the Instant Pot pot. You can put the milk in jars, or loose in the pot - which is the way I have written the directions.) Press "Yogurt then "adjust" to "more" mode when you see the word "boil" on the display. You can keep the lid off. The pot will boil the milk to 180°F, and will beep and display "yogt" when it reaches the proper temperature..
- Let it cool to 115°F. I place the pot in the refrigerator for about 30-minutes. Keep the Instant Pot on the setting..
- Add yogurt starter or fresh (store bought) yogurt. Do not use your last homemade. Mix the yogurt with some of the hot milk until it is smooth..
- At this stage, I add any extract or vanilla beans. Put the top on..
- Press the "yogurt" function key and adjust the time setting using the "+" key. It takes about 12-hours..
- When done the pot will beep and the display will go to "standby.".