Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken. But nonetheless, I am now sharing an effortless Instant Pot rotisserie chicken recipe! It's made in the IP completely from start to finish - with a quick sear on both sides for that beautiful golden brown color before it sits in that IP for. That's where the Instant Pot comes in; pressure cooking makes homemade broth much easier.
I browned my chicken in my instant pot and sprinkled lemon pepper salt paprika and garlic powder on each side as it was browning. I use the instant pot's sauté setting to do that, and then I flip it over and add a little chicken stock before cooking it on the manual pressure setting. Tools Used to Make Instant Pot Whole Rotisserie Chicken. You can cook Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- You need 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 2 teaspoons of dried thyme.
- It's 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- It's 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (add more if you love garlic).
- You need 1 (4 pound) of whole roasting chicken.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, halved (if no lemon available use 1 onion and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice).
- It's 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- It's 1 cup of chicken stock.
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links. For this Instant Pot rotisserie-style chicken, a whole chicken is seared in a skillet until golden brown, then rubbed with a mix of paprika, cumin, garlic powder Can you roast a whole chicken in an Instant Pot? This recipe calls for searing a whole chicken in a skillet then rubbing it with. Enjoy this perfectly Tender & Juicy Rotisserie Chicken in Instant Pot, plus bonus chicken soup!
Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken step by step
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, oregano, onion powder and garlic powder and rosemary..
- 2. Remove giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity. Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels. Season chicken and chicken cavity with salt mixture. Stuff cavity with lemon..
- Set 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high saute setting. Add canola oil and chicken, breast side down, and cook until evenly golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 4 minutes; set aside.
- 4. Place metal trivet into the pot and add chicken stock. Gently place chicken on top of the trivet. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 28 minutes. When finished cooking, naturally release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions, about 20-30 minutes. Let rest 10-15 minutes..
Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken - this recipe turns out perfectly tender and juicy chicken that you can make easily at home. Best of all, includes instructions for thawed, frozen and the oven. Rotisserie chicken has been one of my favorite things to make ever since going keto. Don't let cooking a whole chicken scare you. Making it in your IP is so simple and very quick!