Savory quinoa steel cut oat porridge *Instant Pot Max*. Steel cut oats make a warm and healthy breakfast, and today I want to show you how EASY they are to prepare in an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker, so they'll Steel cut oats, on the other hand, are less processed. To make steel cut oats, the oat groat is sliced with a steel blade to create more of a. My secret to perfectly creamy steel cut oats in the Instant Pot is to actually use a mixture of water and non-dairy milk.
Steel-cut oats are chewier and coarser in texture than The oats are cut with steel blades, hence the name "steel-cut" and take longer to cook than instant Using the Instant Pot reduces the cook time, for a breakfast porridge that is nuttier in flavor and. Simple English: Steel Cut Oats makes you feel fuller longer & helps control your appetite! 😀. *Note: Be sure to buy Steel Cut Oats with no added sugars, flavorings What we look for in Perfect Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats? Chewy, al dente oats that's fully cooked to the core. You can cook Savory quinoa steel cut oat porridge *Instant Pot Max* using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Savory quinoa steel cut oat porridge *Instant Pot Max*
- Prepare 1 cup of organic bob's steel cut oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked Anasazi beans.
- You need 2 Tsp of red quinoa.
- You need 1 cup of shredded chicken meat.
- It's 2 cups of cabbages or any leavy veggies you have.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrot, shredded.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes, diced.
- It's 3 of shiitake mushroom, diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of toasted nuts.
- Prepare 16 oz of homemade stock, any kind.
- It's 32 oz of filtered water.
- It's to taste of Salt, pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of fish sauce.
Learn how to make basic steel cut oats. Следующее. Also referred to as Irish or Scottish oats, this type of oatmeal is processed by chopping the whole oat groat into several pieces, rather than In addition to being used for porridge, steel-cut oats can also be used to make meatloaf and savory congee (a nice alternative to rice), or. To make Instant Pot oatmeal you'll add three ingredients to your Instant Pot, turn it on, and come back to perfectly cooked creamy steel cut oats. Using your Instant Pot isn't faster, but the true benefit is that it's hands off.
Savory quinoa steel cut oat porridge *Instant Pot Max* step by step
- Clean up all veggies and prep them according to the instructions specified in the ingredients list above..
- Toast steel cut oats and quinoa in the pot using sauté function for about 1~2 minutes until aromatic. Keep stir to avoid burning. Remove toasted grains from the pot..
- Use the same sauté low temp function, sauté onion, mushroom and carrots in olive oil until onion is almost caramelized. Add tomatoes and cabbages in and keep sauté until veggies are withered. Salt a little bit to set the flavor..
- Now add toasted oats, quinoa, cooked beans. Pour in stock and water. Set high pressure on max pressure, quick release and time for 5 minutes..
- Once cooking is done, remove the lid, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper..
- Serve hot in a large bowl, top with chopped cilantro and crushed nuts..
You won't have to check on the oats or stir them during the cook time. Switching over to savory steel cut oats, though-which I did a few weeks ago-has made me love savory oats even I used to think of steel cut oats as being desirable from a texture perspective (so naturally creamy and I love the creaminess and the fact that it's so like a traditional "porridge. Steel-cut oats shine in the texture and flavor departments. They are exceptionally creamy and delicious, especially if you toast them beforehand as instructed in my recipe below. Steel-cut oats are also a fun way to change up your morning oatmeal routine.