Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot).
You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot) using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot)
- Prepare 4 of Chicken Thighs, boneless & skinless.
- You need 28 oz. of Canned Diced Tomatoes.
- You need 6 oz. of Canned Diced Green Chilies.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth.
- It's 1 of Onion, Diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic, minced.
- It's 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- It's 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 4 of Corn Tortillas, cut into thin strips.
- It's 2 Tbsp of Fresh Cilantro, chopped.
- It's 1/2 cup of Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Oaxaca, & Asadero).
Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot) step by step
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes, diced green chilies, chicken broth, onion, garlic, ground cumin, salt, & black pepper to the Instant Pot..
- Mix well..
- Close & lock the lid..
- Turn steam release valve to ensure the pot is sealed..
- Press—PRESSURE COOK: Normal; Pressure Level: High; Time: 9 minutes..
- Press CANCEL (Keep Warm: On).
- Allow Natural Release for 10 minutes..
- Press steam release handle down for Quick Release..
- Remove chicken to a plate & shred into bite size pieces..
- Return chicken to the pot..
- Press SAUTÉ—Normal..
- Add corn tortilla strips & cilantro to the pot..
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Serve topped with shredded cheese blend immediately..