The Best Banana Bread. Sift together flour, soda and salt. The recipe is good, it's me baking the banana bread that is a work in progress! I have asked members for tips that really helped: don't over mix, lower rack so that top of bread is halfway point in oven, my loaf dish is glass so lower.
Because it really is the best banana bread recipe, period. You can mix everything in one bowl, you can vary the amount of sugar or bananas. And the secret to its great. You can have The Best Banana Bread using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The Best Banana Bread
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 of Egg - Beaten.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It's 1 cup of Sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup).
- It's 1/3 cup of Melted Butter.
- It's 3 of Ripe Bananas - Smashed.
- You need 1 tsp of PoppySeeds.
Banana bread is a "quick" bread made of very ripe bananas, sugar, butter, eggs, flour, vanilla, and a leavener. Since it is a quick bread, it uses baking soda rather than a yeast to help the bread rise as it cooks. There are a few tricks to making the best banana bread recipe possible. The best banana bread I've ever made!
The Best Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- With a wooden spoon mix butter into smashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in sugar, egg, poppyseeds and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack, remove from the pan and slice to serve.
I always use sour cream as the yogurty component, add bittersweet chocolate chips, and sprinkle the top with Banana bread turned out super tasty & moist. Second time I made it, instead of using regular brown sugar, I used Lakanto brand monkfruit brown. This is the BEST banana bread recipe ever! It is easy to make, super moist and bursting with banana flavor! It's made in one bowl (no mixer required)!