Chicken Pesto Pasta. Easy and delicious bowtie pasta with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto sauce. Using homemade pesto will taste even better, but it adds to prep time. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and red pepper in oil until tender.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make it. Just sauté some chunks of chicken breast with a little seasoning. Add prepared basil pesto and cooked pasta. You can cook Chicken Pesto Pasta using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pesto Pasta
- It's of Chicken.
- It's of Pesto.
- Prepare of Bowtie Noodles.
- You need of Lemon Juice.
- You need of Broccoli.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It's of Pepper.
- It's of Italian Seasoning.
- It's of Parsley Flakes.
- Prepare of Milk.
- Prepare of Butter.
If you have leftover chicken pesto pasta, it can be re-heated in the microwave. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet directions. Return pasta to pan, then add pesto and reserved water and toss to combine. In short this recipe is horrible.
Chicken Pesto Pasta step by step
- Boil water in a pot then add the noodles, cook until soft..
- Chop up broccoli and steam until noodles are done..
- Add butter, Italian seasoning, parsley flakes, salt and pepper to the broccoli..
- Mix noodles in with the broccoli..
- Add lemon juice, chopped up chicken, butter, pesto and a bit of milk and mix together..
- Lastly add a bit more salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and parsley flakes..
Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned. Then, mix in the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly combined. Slice the chicken breasts in half and serve with the tomatoes and chilli spooned over the top. Finely grate a little extra Parmesan over the pasta, then sprinkle everything with basil leaves.