Creamy chicken and asparagus pasta. How to make Chicken and Asparagus Pasta: Start by cooking the pasta in boiling water. I add the asparagus towards the end, so that it can cook in the boiling water and I don't have to dirty another pan. You could roast or grill it as well, and then add it to.
This chicken bacon pasta is perfectly creamy and it has just the right amount added flavor from the Parmesan, Neufchatel cheese and the garlic. After the pasta is tossed in the lighter Alfredo-style sauce, it is then upgraded with a few of my favorite dinner ingredients — herbed chicken, fresh asparagus and salty bacon. This Creamy Chicken Asparagus Penne Pasta is a marvelous dinner recipe that's filled to the brim with fresh veggies and tender pasta in a light and creamy sauce. You can have Creamy chicken and asparagus pasta using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy chicken and asparagus pasta
- You need 1 pack (500 gr) of pasta of your choice.
- It's 2 of chicken thigh fillets.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of finely chopped onion.
- It's 1 bunch (500 gr) of asparagus stalks trimmed and cut into 2 cm pieces.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic finely shopped.
- Prepare 200 ml of heavy cream.
- It's 4 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- You need 2 tsp of freshly chopped dill.
A couple weeks ago I was in Las Vegas at a conference, learning all the things, but really just wanting to eat all the things. Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta with penne, sautéed strips of chicken breast, broth, cream, goat cheese, parmesan, lemon, and asparagus! Easy midweek meal, perfect for spring! Photography Credit: Elise Bauer When springtime rolls around I find almost any excuse to cook fresh asparagus we bring home from the market.
Creamy chicken and asparagus pasta step by step
- Fill a small pot with water, add salt and bring to boil. Chop the chicken fillets in bite-sized pieces and add to the boiling water. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is done..
- When the fillets are cooked, drain and using two forks, shred the chicken well. Set aside..
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot..
- In a small pot of salted boiling water, cook the asparagus for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside..
- In a large skilled over medium-high heat heat the butter. When melted, add the onion and the cooked asparagus and saute for about 4 minutes or until fragnant..
- Add the garlic gloves and saute for about 2 minutes more..
- Add the heavy cream and the chicken and the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened..
- Remove from heat, stir in the dill and serve on top of the pasta. Enjoy!.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla. Creamy Asparagus Pasta Recipe - A creamy, yet healthy veggie loaded protein-packed pasta with asparagus and peas, all tossed in a lightened-up cream sauce! Season the cut chicken with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray the skillet generously with with cooking spray or add enough oil to coat the bottom.