Salsa chicken enchiladas my way. Salsa chicken enchiladas my way step by step. Coat chicken in a little oil and coat in fajita seasoning and bake or air fry till done and dice up. Great recipe for Salsa chicken enchiladas my way.
I like to serve it with some lime cilantro rice on the side as well.😋 Great recipe for Chicken enchiladas my way.. But still, it was fine the way it's written here. My love affair with Chicken Enchiladas goes way back, and I can't even tell you when the origin of my love began, because as far as I know, I have ALWAYS loved them. You can cook Salsa chicken enchiladas my way using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salsa chicken enchiladas my way
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk hidden valley ranch dressing.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of mild salsa or use mild verda salsa.
- Prepare 1 (4 oz) of can diced green chiles.
- Prepare 4 cups of taco cheese blend.
- You need 1 pack of McCormick fajita seasoning mix.
- You need of Vegetable or olive oil.
- You need 4 of chicken breasts.
- It's 3 cups of mild verda salsa.
- It's 1/2 cup of corn (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of black beans rinsed and drained (optional).
- You need 14 of mission flour tortillas soft taco size.
- It's of Sour cream or ranch for topping.
- Prepare of Mild salsa for topping.
Along with Ceviche and Ruedas (which my mom made to mimic those from a restaurant called La Bodega in Midland TX), Enchiladas was one of the top recipes I would request for my. These are the BEST Enchiladas my Family & I have EVER eaten!! My best friend made a dip a long time ago with cream cheese mixed with salsa, cold! But she made me try it! ("shut up you big baby, taste it!" Lol!) The flavor was awesome!
Salsa chicken enchiladas my way instructions
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat chicken in a little oil and coat in fajita seasoning and bake or air fry till done and dice up.
- Heat and lightly brown each tortilla in a dry hot skillet for 10 to 15 seconds on each side and stack and wrap up in foil.
- Spray two 13×9 inch baking dishes with cooking oil and add 1/2 cup salsa verda to the bottom of eash dish.
- Mix 1/2 cup ranch dressing, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 1/2 cups salsa and green chiles. Then.
- Mix in chicken and 1 cup of cheese. At this time if you want add in black beans and corn.
- Fill tortillas with filling about 1/3 cup filling and roll up and.
- Place seem side down and pour on 1 cup of salsa verda on top and spread out and sprinkle on 1 1/2 cups of cheese on each dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Top with sour cream or ranch and a little salsa if wanted and enjoy !.
So I thought what if you put taco flavored chicken in it? Tried that as a dip, too! yum! So I'd never made enchiladas before, but I knew I liked that so, that is where this recipe came from! It would be considered a casserole to me, not the authentic Green Chicken Enchiladas. My grandma Nellie & I would make the homemade tomatillo sauce — for special occasions (birthdays, etc), but when pressed for time, we'd do a quick "semi-homemade" sauce, by using a few jars of Salsa Verde/Green sauce (Mrs.