Coconut chicken adobo. But it wasn't until I went to Purple Yam, a Filipino restaurant in Brooklyn, a couple of months ago that I tried coconut chicken adobo. Angela Dimayuga is the creative director for food and culture at the Standard hotels and a former Mission Chinese Food chef. I used cubed boneless skinless chicken breasts.
I also used white vinegar as I don't care for apple cider vinegar. Chicken adobo can even be made with skinless chicken breasts, though I would skip The coconut adobo sauce in this recipe comes together effortlessly. After removing the chicken from the cooking. You can have Coconut chicken adobo using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut chicken adobo
- It's 8 of bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs.
- You need 3/4 cup of rice vinegar.
- You need 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Maggi.
- It's 8 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 1 tbsp of whole black peppercorns.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- You need 1-14 oz of can coconut milk.
Adobo is my go to dish whenever I am pressed for time. It is such an easy dish to make and The coconut milk adds texture and flavor to this dish resulting in a creamier and tastier chicken adobo. How to Make Chicken Adobo with Coconut Milk. Remove chicken from soy sauce, allowing excess to drip back into bowl.
Coconut chicken adobo step by step
- Trim any excess fat and skin from the chicken thighs and put them in a large mixing bowl. Combine all the other ingredients except for the coconut milk and pour onto the chicken. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour..
- Pour the chicken and marinade into a large pan on medium heat. Add a cup of water and bring to a simmer. Let cook for 30 minutes..
- Remove the chicken and pat the thighs dry. Strain the sauce through a sieve, saving the garlic. Skim as much oil as you can from the surface of the sauce..
- Put the sauce back in the pan and turn the heat up to high. Let simmer until only about a cup of sauce remains. Stir the coconut milk into the pan and turn the heat back down to medium. Let cook for 5 minutes, then turn the heat down to low to keep the sauce warm while you finish the chicken..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and sear until crisped. Eat with freshly steamed rice, with a generous dressing of sauce..
Coconut Chicken Adobo: Classic Filipino recipe with easy to follow instructions and resources to obtain authentic and traditional ingredients. The classic Filipino dish that turns a handful of ingredients into a bright and tangy whole. Filipino Chicken Adobo with Coconut Broth. Chicken adobo (Yasmin Newman)Source: Yasmin Newman. In a large non-reactive bowl, combine the vinegar, coconut milk, soy sauce, garlic, turmeric, bay leaves, chillies and pepper.