Sweet and Sour Chicken. Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think. Of the classic Chinese Recipes that most people ask for on my.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Chicken. Chicken - use boneless skinless chicken thighs for the best flavor, or chicken breasts for a lighter option. You can cook Sweet and Sour Chicken using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Chicken
- You need of Carrot.
- You need of Cucumber.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Prepare of Chicken powder.
- You need of Tomato sauce.
- You need of Vinegar.
- You need of Egg.
- You need of Chicken.
- You need of Flour.
Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. For the best sweet and sour chicken, please following my cooking tips below: The combination of plum sauce, Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce and Chinese rice vinegar make the sauce tastes like the best Chinese restaurants. Restaurant style sweet and sour chicken. You can also make this with pork or shrimp.
Sweet and Sour Chicken instructions
- Wash and dry the chicken. Then cut into small pieces. Marinate with a little soy sauce and black pepper for at least 15 mins. Then coat the meat in egg and flour mixture..
- Heat pan, add oil and when it's hot deep fry the coated meat. When done remove from the pan.And set aside. Meanwhile, in a small. bowl make a mixture of tomato sauce, chicken powder, vinegar for later use..
- In same pan saute garlic, carrot and cucumber. When half done. Pour tomato and vinegar sauce. Mix it until sauce thicken and meat is well coated with the sauce. Serve.
Sweet and Sour Chicken is made by batter-frying chicken and then tossing it in a quick and easy sweet and sour sauce. If you love Chinese food but But really, who doesn't love crispy fried chicken with that classic sweet and sour combo? As with most of the dishes on the blog. You've tasted sweet and sour chicken at the takeaway, but you can make it far better at home and it's much healthier! Sweet and Sour Chicken - in this popular dish bite size chicken pieces, fresh bell pepper and sweet pineapple are sautéed and tossed together with an incredibly flavorful Sweet and sour chicken has always been one of my favorite Chinese take-out dishes.