Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡. Salt Baked Chicken is a signature Hakka (客家) dish, and this is the real deal, true blue version of the recipe-but more on that later. As for the origin of salt baked chicken, there are a few folk tales out there that people will tell you, but I like this one the best: As the story goes, a reliable salt merchant. Traditional Hakka salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡 is prepared by encasing the bird in the salt crust, the culinary tradition that stood the test of time until today since the Qing dynasty.
Salt baked chicken has lots of transformers in China now. Salt Baked Chicken is a simple, hearty and very fun meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Imagine having fun removing the salt crust together and Salt crust baking is a traditional technique which enables hot steam to circulate all around the chicken it also helps to seal in all the meat juices. You can cook Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡 using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡
- You need 1 of slow growing breed chicken.
- It's 1 Tsp of sea salt.
- It's 1 tsp of Sichuan pepper, optional.
- You need 1 of anise star.
Wan Li Xiang Salted Chicken And Duck. Was stop by a branch with selling salted chicken drumstick. Juicy and tende.r chicken. 盐焗鸡YanJJ Salt-Baked-Chicken. Hide content and notifications from this user.
Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡 instructions
- Disect a chicken ~4lb into 8 pieces. Set aside chicken bones for stock later..
- Massage 1 Tsp into the chicken and set aside for 20 minutes..
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes and drain the liquid into a separate bowl. Turn each piece and bake for a second 30 minutes..
- Drain the liquid and continue to bake for another 20-30 minutes until chicken is semi-dry. It's great to use the chicken in any other dish such as soup or stirfry once it chill down. If enjoy it immediately, please serve with rice or breads because it is saltier than a regular dish..
This year, we celebrated our Christmas at Hahei Camp site with limited utensil and a very basic kitchen; I had used this recipe to make our very own Asian style Christmas birds for our Christmas dinner. You'll need to prepare the materials separately in order to wrap the chicken and collect the steaming liquid/broth. Chakey's Serangoon Salt-Baked Chicken will be closing due to the owner retiring. Our methods of preparing have been the same since our first opening in Serangoon Road giving rise to the name 后港盐鸡焗 (Serangoon Salt-Baked. Salt Baked Chicken 鹽焗雞 is a traditional Cantonese dish originated from Hakkas 客家 people.